Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Answer This

This week I thought I would do something fun.
I mean super fun.
At least I really think so.

You get to share some of your "Lifetime Grammy Awards"

I practically host these exact awards on a weekly basis in the car with Zach. So I decided I should blog it and let you share your thoughts...so don't forget to comment and answer!
It may also be a little inspired by my recent viewing of Country Strong.

Best Male Artist: Randy Travis
I freaking LOVE this guy.
Like seriously...I get emotional when I hear his voice. I love him so much.
Do you remember how I got to touch him? And see him up close.
One of my most favorite memories of all time.
It's his voice. His lyrics. His oh-so-country nature.
L.O.V.E. him.
I have many favorites by Randy and I would recommend them ALL but look here.
Runners Up??: Jason Mraz, John Mayer, and Ben Harper

Most Beautiful Song Ever Written:

"If You're Reading This"--Performed by Tim McGraw
I may not be all that sophisticated in my tastes but this song is absolutely beautiful.
Runners Up: Virture--Jenny Phillips, Forever--Ben Harper (yes, 1 of our two wedding songs), and Blessed Union of Souls' I Believe

Best Hick Song

I Love Your Love the Most (Our 2nd wedding song:)
Runners Up: International Harvester, Papa Loved Mama, Bubba Shot the Jukebox, My Kinda Party, 8 Second Ride,Watermelon C rawl
There are many many more (I love me some hick music) but I can't think of them all right now.

I guess it was a pretty short Grammy presentation:) I'll add more later. Feel free to add who you want.

So answer this: Who would you award these prestigious titles?



2 comments:

The Cluffs said...

Best hick song: "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" Kenny Chesney.
Hands Down.

MumofElderLarson said...

Best Male Artist
I would say Randy is right up there but I also have Rod Stewart and Elton John .. what a mix huh?

Beautiful Song Ever Written
not sure on this but today I think it is The Bridge.Elton John
another day would be a different one

Best Hick song
Bop Dan Seals
or Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off Joe Nichols