Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This Post Has 2 Purposes

pin 











1. This is so true for anything for me.
The hardest step for a gardener is getting outside and hooking up the water.
The hardest step in doing anything domestic is starting.
This also holds true for things that cause me anxiety:
Ringing doorbells and making phone calls...
it's the anticipation that kills me. 
Once I've dialed the number, I'm fine. But they'd better answer or I'm done.
Seriously, making phone calls takes a lot out of me. I don't like doing it. At all.
I've had to do a lot of it lately and I've met my quota. I'm done. 
Ringing doorbells. Can't do it. Someone else can ring the bell and I'll talk, but I just can't do it. I'm a "knock-er."Anyone else understand? 
2. But once I do it. I'm okay. It's that first initial step I have to get past. 
Same goes for exercise. So here it is. I want to be more of a runner. I don't want to necessarily be a runner. I'd like to get my butt out and moving every day. I'm thinking I'll exchange dancing on the KNect or Shredding with Jillian every other day with a run. I need to get some music on my phone and some proper earphones, but I think that I will try it. 
I'll let you know how it goes.

I think self discipline is so important and I so lack it. I think that first step is so necessary to conquer and I think this is just the way to do it.


1 comment:

The Nielsons said...

Such true thoughts! I know that it's a common saying at the gym that the hardest step is getting to the gym. In regards to your question about my weight loss, it was 1 year that I lost 60 lbs. That was getting back to my "before baby" then I still wanted to be more in shape so I kept going for another 25 lbs so it wasn't just a quick thing but a lifestyle change. It helped to meet with your Uncle Will occasionally to check in on my goals but didn't train with him on a regular basis since I was self motivated and self disciplined. Anyway, that's the jist of it. Hope you are having a great summer!