Thursday, July 14, 2011

An Oddity About Me

Remember how I told you about Zach singing this song over 4th of July weekend.
As usual, I introduced him to this song. Meaning I turned it up when it came on and then explained why it was good.
I do that with my country music. 
I have to explain why it's good--especially when it comes to my oh-so-conservative husband.
Who's music holds true to conservative values? Mine does. And I am ever so proud of that fact.
So in good Sharlee fashion, I pointed out this line as one that made me feel all proud of my country values and my Idahoan upbringing (seriously I get like emotional and it's not even that good of a line--my heart soars. Can't explain it.)
"Ain't no shame in a blue collar forty, little house, little kids, little small town story."
source
So I'm sure you're wondering what I'm getting at.
I've already told you an unnecessary number of times about my country music pride?
Right?
Yes.
It's this blue collar obsession that I have.
Before I was married, I enjoyed going into Les Schwab more than going to a football game, party, and a million times more than a singles ward activity.
Why?
The guys with their names on their shirts.
 And dirt on their hands.
 I have a thing.
It's not so much an attraction thing, although that is part of it...
As it is a skill and a man who knows how to actually work thing.

One day I had a friend of mine and her boyfriend (he's her husband now) come by to bring Zach and I some fence making supplies (so nice of them).
Mind you...this is an older couple...as in she could be my mom. Seriously. Her son is my exact age.
After they left we had this conversation:
Me: Mike's attractive. Especially with his...
interrupted by Zach's response: Name on his shirt?
Me: Yep. 

Now, I'm not one to think that it's okay for married couples to discuss the attraction of other people. In fact, I'm against it. This is more of a Sharlee oddity than a "so and so is so hot!" thing so please understand that. This man is older but he has his name on his shirt. Plus, if we're being honest, I'll take the husband who is going to bring in a big fat paycheck and go to work in business casual (very casual) clothes to an office job doing nerdy stuff who can then come home and put up a fence or change the oil, tires, etc...My husband knows how to work like a man and that is sexy.

But there's just something about a hard working guy with his name on his shirt.
I see him as a family man with family values. 
And I just love it!

 

1 comment:

Misty said...

I love you! I'm so so confused. Are you still at girls camp?