Friday, July 22, 2011

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

Ok not an ad for Life Alert or the Samaritan Village Nursing Home

Just a slight rebuttal to Shar's blog :)

I have as a matter of fact fallen into a black hole (albeit I hope temporarily)! I have taken on a very large project which has eaten away at my regular work time and caused me to hang in this place much much longer than I prefer. Then when I get out of here I seem to be running to church or to my dad's so there is literally not enough hours in the day.
I miss Sharlee. I miss Shane I miss Todd I miss going to the movies and I miss seeing daylight like a normal person
In reference to Shar's lovely little post. I did in fact call her yesterday and I thought I had written back to her emails. But that I can not be sure of.
Let me explain the horror of my day.. so I normally am pretty good with where I work but then once in a while there is something that will cause me to have a lack of faith in people. Yesterday was a day like this for me.
We have temp people working here for us in the office. Lately there are quite a few of them. We had a lady start on Monday and by yesterday I guess they decided she couldn't do the job.I have a differing opinion on that but... will leave that for another time.
So they were going to let her go the end of the day yesterday. They don't want to train her anymore so they have her sit with me!!! So she watches me put in the ad, asks questions and I am showing her stuff. All this time they know she isn't staying but she doesn't ... it literally made me sick to my stomach. Did I also state the woman was very nice and I could have really liked her. But of course this is all business you know.. I will also probably blog on that at a later date. She tells us goodbye and see you tomorrow and I literally almost cried.
Yes I am a wuss and no I probably wouldn't make it as an officer in this company or even a supervisor. Although I do believe I might make a pretty decent one. I haven't got the hardness it takes for that.
Let me also state that they did this to me a couple of months ago with another temp too. They had her sit with me and we went through all kinds of stuff and I printed her out instructions and everything. They let her go because they said she was strange..this is literally what they said. another blog.
So basically if you are a temp and they send you to sit with me
Look out!
This is my explanation.. not an excuse.. I feel like that cat in the nursing home that goes in to sit on people's lap's when they are about to die.

No comments: