Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Answer This

A question I didn't answer when I had my moment to shine on Five Questions but I wanted to...

I you had one "do over" what would it be and why?

In all honesty there are three things I would "do over" one I'm just not even talking about. The second one has to do with my grandma and although I love to blog about my personal life...that ones just too personal and I'm not going there either. So it leaves me with this:

When I first started dating Zach some people had a lot of "concerns" apparently for my welfare. Whatever that was all about. Work people, friends, random people, etc...

They voiced them. They hurt my feelings. They stole from me moments of that amazing feeling of falling in love for the first time. Some people that knew him best even said things to me that were totally out of line.
Most of this mainly had to do with him being married before...which is just insanely ignorant--not to mention didn't give me credit for my own ability to discern
I will just say this:
Zach is seriously one of the BEST people that I know.
He never gets angry with me.
He puts up with a lot from me.
He was honest with me from the very beginning about anything and everything.
Even stuff you wouldn't think someone would be honest with you about.
He has a testimony.
He is respectable.
He is kind.
He LOVES his family and his friends.
He is one of the happiest people I know.
He laughs ridiculously easily.
He loves like you wouldn't believe.

So what would I do over. I would have kindly put anyone and everyone who thought they had room to say anything about him in their place. I would have stood up for him more. I would have done for him what he would do for me. That's what I would do again. I actually have guilt about it. So if you're one of those people...consider yourself TOLD.


There...I feel a little better.


Now....what would you "do over" if you could?






2 comments:

The Cluffs said...

This will sound kind of bad and I really don't carry resentful, jealous feelings toward this person anymore but here it is . . .
One of Mike's ex-girlfriends showed up to our reception Uninvited and blew right past me, gave Mike a big hug, and asked him if he was sure he made the right choice. Looking back, I wish I would've told her off, or even better punched her in the face, even if we were in a church... But I did take the high road and ignored her:)

Sharlee said...

Katie! I love it!! :)