Saturday, March 14, 2009

"You've lost yourself in your search to find...something else to hide behind"


That's an incredibly good line from the song "Simon" by Lifehouse. I recently came across an burned CD that I made Shane. I made it for him after he got his heart broken at one point. There are so many good songs on that album. It's truly been years since I've hurt or ached over music like that. Playing the CD brought me back. It actually brought me back to a time in my life when I was housesitting in Eagle and had some issues with men and family stuff going on and I listened to some of these songs quite frequently. I decided to share the lyrics from the song "Simon" as well as some other good lines from that CD. WOW! I honestly miss that...it's things like that that remind me that I live such a blessed life. As a young college student I felt so much at times it was painful but SO incredibly worth it...enjoy!


Simon


Catch your breath

Hit the wall

Scream out loud

As you start to crawl

Back in your cage

The only place

Where they will Leave you alone. '

Cause the weak will Seek the weaker til they've broken them.

Could you get it back again?

Would it be the same?

Fulfillment to their lack of strength at your expense

Left you with no defense

They tore it down.

(Chorus)

And I have felt the same as you, I've felt the same as you, I've felt the same.

Locked inside

The only place

Where you feel sheltered, Where you feel safe

You lost yourself

In your search to find

Something else to hide behind.

The fearful always preyed upon your confidence.

Did they see the consequence,when they pushed you around?

The arrogant build kingdoms made of the different ones

Breaking them 'til they've become just another crown.

(Chorus)

Refuse to feel anything at all

Refuse to slip

Refuse to fall.

Can't be weak

Can't stand still

You watch your back 'cause no one will.

You don't know why they had to go this far

Traded your worth for these scars

For your only company.

And don't believe the lies

That they have told to you.

Not one word was true you're alright, you're alright, you're alright.

(Chorus)



"And if you've never heard that silence, it's a God awful sound..."--"Kody" by Matchbox 20(this is my very favorite Matchbox 20 song, by the way:)


"Somebody ought to take you in. Try to make you love again. Try to make you like the way they feel. nWhen theyre under your skin. Never once did think theyd lie when theyre holding you. You wonder why they havent called when they said theyd call you. You start to wonder if youre ever gonna make it by. Youll start to think you were born blind."--"Hand Me Down" by Matchbox 20


"If shame had a face I think it would kind of look like mine if it had a home would it be my eyes would you believe me if I said I'm tired of this well here we go now one more time....I tried to climb your steps I tried to chase you down I tried to see how low I could get down to the ground I tried to earn my way I tried to change this mind you better believe that I have tried to beat this .."--"Sick Cycle Carousel" by Lifehouse


"I am all that I'll ever be when you - lay your hands over me but don't go weak on me now. I know that it's weak, but God help me I need this."--"Bed of Lies" by Matchbox 20 (one of the most amazing songs ever)


No comments: