Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!



So...it's my mom's birthday. I thought I'd dedicate a blog to her today:) I chose to include the picture above because I love it. Not because of how I look in the picture (that much is clear--I look AWFUL) however, it's the way it perfectly captures my mom and who she is. It's the way Shane's leaning into her and laughing and she's laughing. How many mom's truly have real relationships like that with their daughters and sons?! Not many. My mom is truly the most amazing person I will ever know. If I could do anything right in my lifetime, it would be to become more like her. Everyday, I thank Heavenly Father for her. No joke! She is amazing folks! I may be proud of my Larson traits but it's my mom that taught me to be proud of myself and have respect for myself. She should celebrate. What a life she's lived thus far. She has two children to be proud of (I only say that as--honestly, come on:) I'm a good girl. Shane's a good boy. We owe it to mom). She has a family that loves her. She's been married for 27 years! She's a hard working and extremely giving individual. Gunnar and Grayson adore her. The primary kids love her. And she makes everyone laugh. Let me share some things my mom does:

*She makes my dad sandwiches any time she leaves the house if he doesn't have something to eat

*She has ALWAYS given random gifts to her kids. First day of school, last day of school, first day of summer, last day of summer, etc...

*The night I got my heart broken I came home to a bed with freshly washed sheets, a dozen roses, and a poem from my mom...she had cleaned my sheets for a fresh start but still invited me to come sleep with her.

*Poems for every event that mom considers a milestone:)

*She knows every single person I talk about to the very detail.

*She mows my Grandparents' lawn once a week in conjunction with our own lawn.

*She wakes up in time to drive to my Grandma's and curl her hair for her every Sunday morning.

*She loved Shane and I enough. She always told us. We always knew it. She even made up each of us our own song, "I love my Sharlee, my Sharlee Rose..." and she sang to us at night.
*She cleans our house and cleans up after our cats.

*She always puts the packages together and sends them to Shane.

*This summer when I was stressed out with "too many things to do" I stopped by her work for a quick visit and she handed me my renewed vehicle registration--which she purchased for me online so I wouldn't have to go to the DMV

*She does her visiting teaching.

*She substitute teaches primary just about every Sunday even though she really wants to go to
Sunday school.

The list goes on. I would like to post the lyrics to a song that I once heard that reminds me SO much of my mom it's not even funny. I tried to find a video but no such luck. Read on...I'm so blessed because of my mom...Heavenly Father even told me so...:)
She(Cherie Call)
She is not the picture on the magazine

She's the woman just behind you at the checkout stand

She may appear to be common but she mystifies

In all the ways the wisest men and children understand

'Cause she has eyes that sparkle with her love

And she has a smile that's as gentle as a dove

And no woman from a movie or an ad could ever hope to be

As beautiful as she
She is not a highly honored diplomat

Held responsible to lead the world to peace

But what she does is every bit as serious

Amidst the turmoil everywhere that will never cease

'Cause she has hands that wipe the tears away

And she has a voice that makes everything O.K.

And no woman from the papers or T.V. could ever hope to be

As indispensable as she
And it breaks my heart every time I see her wonder

If she means anything in this world that pulls her under

And she doesn't always see the way that Heaven smiles above her

That's the reason I try to always tell her that I love her
'Cause she may not be known for giving millions

To the charities and auctions on the news

But I believe she's given more than anyoneIn all the times she's ever had to chooseTo give up sleep to rock her children every night

And give her heart to always hold their dreams so tight

And the best that you or I could ever hope to beIs as wonderful as she

And the best that you or I could ever hope to beIs as wonderful as she

You are indespensable, beautiful, charitable, funny, amazing, and the list goes on, Mom! I love you! Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I loved this post!