Thursday, September 30, 2010

Letters--Letter to My Spouse

This is my letter to my spouse for my "letters" posts. I thought it would be appropriate because this weekend is conference weekend...and in case you didn't know. I met Zach over October conference weekend...two years ago! I will most likely post on that later.

Dear Zach,
I cannot believe that exactly two years ago today I had not yet met you. It's so hard for me to comprehend because honestly, I cannot remember what it was like without you. Do you remember how you transformed my life almost immediately. I knew it was you.

Do you remember the flirtatious texts? Do you remember watching Firefly. Do you remember "sitting on our hands?" : ) I do.

I also remember a Halloween dance, an impromptu trip to Shari's--for drinking hot chocolate. I remember attempting to take an institute class and I remember a trip up to Table Rock. I remember introducing you to my family. I remember you sitting next to my grandma at my grandpa's birthday party. I remember you talking to my grandma.

Fast forward to married life--the very best thing EVER! (Sorry had to have a mildly juvenile moment there :) Do you remember our hiatus from the outside world, what a brilliant idea and a wonderful time. We should do that again! Do you remember falling asleep on top of the covers of our bed with our regular clothes still on because we were just laying down for a minute and we were going to get up and watch Burn Notice? Do you remember me waking you up at 3 a.m. to tell you that we didn't watch Burn Notice? :) Do you remember our first Christmas? You had to work and we woke up and opened some gifts and said a prayer that you'd be able to come home. I cried. You came home within the hour. I cried again. Do you remember water fights in the shower? Do you remember the first few horrid weeks with Mal? I do. I hold on to every memory that I can.

Meeting you validated in my long held belief in soul mates. You are mine..undoubtedly. Meeting you turned my life upside down. I thought I had it figured out--the kind of guy I wanted the life I wanted, but I really had no idea. You changed everything and I could not be more grateful.

I'm so grateful that I waited for you--in every way. I'm grateful that you are deserving of what I've given you and what we share. Thank you for that!

I'm grateful for all that I've learned from you. That men aren't horrible. Neither are conservatives. In fact since meeting you AND ONLY YOU (you know what I mean) I actually embrace and love my conservative side. You have taught me what it means to love unconditionally, you are currently teaching me how! :) You have taught me to not take life so seriously, though I am trying to teach you the exact opposite...but we're getting there.

I learn more from being your wife and friend than I have in any other capacity. Thank you!

I love you...a really lot! :) :) :)

Shar

No comments: