Monday, July 20, 2009

My Space

Well, here are some pictures of my little place. I have actually fallen in love with it (aside from the bug problem and the fact that at night this floor is complete with an air mattress and blankets because it's too darn hot upstairs) I didn't include pictures of my bedroom because my bed/hope chest are the only exciting things up there, it's a relatively boring room.... But here it is. My first place of my own. I'll be sad to leave it come November but it will be well worth it... This is the living room...you can see my Papasan chair which I LOVE...and my fire place which is fun in the winter...

More living room. I love my couch. My picture of Christ is a gift from my Grandma in a round about way. It goes really well with my living room and color scheme so it makes me happy.



My kitchen...the eating area


My kitchen..the cooking/serving area


This is one of my favorite parts of my house so I had to include it. This sits on my bar in the kitchen. I have searched high and low for picture frames that say "Grandma" on them. You see "Grandchildren" frames all the time but rarely ones for grandchildren. I love this frame which I found at Walgreens. It's not my favorite design or type of frame but I love it. It seriously will follow me everywhere I ever live.

This is my bar. (those are a variety of Sparkling ciders there:) I love this thing. Mom knew I wanted one she found it for me at a great price...so it was my Valentine's day gift. I love it! I just need some glasses for the middle. I have tons of wine type glasses still in the cupboard but they are too big for this particular thing so I am looking for more.

Mom gave all of us these for Mother's Day this year. Possibly the most awesome gift ever. It sits near my sink. It says 'Our Grandma's Prayer' at the end there. It was, my Grandma was raised Lutheran and this was the prayer she recited before our meals. It means a lot to me and I love having that in my kitchen as well.

Now to my FAVORITE room...in terms of my decorations. This is the guest bathroom which is a full bathroom. This is the sink area.

More sink. That's a Moulin Rouge shotglass my friend in high school brought me back from Paris. I usually keep q-tips in there. Long story :)

And this is the basic idea of this bathroom. Zach (although not a huge fan, has said that I can take it with me to our place:) I love it. My shower curtain is black and the bath mats are the same deep red. I'm working on framing some quotes to put up over the toilet)


My bathroom sink. My colors in my bathroom are sage and an ivory like color.

Shower curtain and mat are also sage. I love this bathroom as well, it just needs cleaning more regularly than the one downstairs and it wasn't as fun. I have had those ivory towels since high school...mom bought them for me and I love them. So when I moved out they were the perfect match!



So that's it. That's my space...I love it right now, it's finally fitting for me...aside from the bugs and the heat upstairs, I love it!













No comments: