Friday, October 31, 2008

Jodi Moment...

My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. So...of course I've decided you'll learn to love her too! I think I'm going to randomly blog Jodi quotes. Today will be the first. There's a quote that I've been thinking about a lot lately and I absolutely love it. I find it especially fitting as today is Halloween and this is from her "ghost story" Second Glance. I didn't think I would like this book but it is actually one of my favorites...she's amazing:

"Words, for all they were flimsy and invisible had great strength. They could be fortified as a castle wall and sharp as foil. They could bite, slap, shock, wound. But unlike deeds, words couldn't really help you. No promise ever rescued a person, it was the carrying-through of it that brought salvation."

No comments: