Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Don't You Know It?!?!

My life is busy and I thought we could all use a little update:) Just to fill you in....those of you that actually read my blog that is. Here's a quick synopsis of my life lately:

*I absolutely LOVE my job!!!!! It keeps me SO incredibly busy but I honestly don't mind it. I consider it my new hobby. I stay late just about every day and go in early. I have an amazing class and I hope to accomplish great things with them this year...they are incredible! I truly love most of the staff. I am seriously having SO much fun at Wilson. I must say that I did follow the guidance of my prayers when I made this choice (for those of you that don't know how my job came about...I did have to make a choice and when you put it on paper...Caldwell doesn't seem to measure up...but it really is right for me). I've already been blessed with awesome opportunities there! :) I can honestly say that at this point...I am living my dream.

*To add to my dream...I've always wanted to live by myself. I THINK I've figured out how I can do this. It would mean a move to Caldwell--in order for me to live in the TYPE of place I would like. I found the place. I can't quite make ends meet when I budget it out (the way that I want them to) but there's a tutoring program that my school is supposed to start offering and they've already asked me about doing it...it would make up the much needed extra. So I would like to ask for your prayers and support concerning this matter--I am really excited about this possibility!!:)

*I've been SO incredibly busy...it feels like I haven't had a weekend in FOREVER and I've been staying late at school every day. I miss my best friend like CRAZY!

*I have almost been in my new ward a year now and I am so pleased with how it's worked out for me. I am in love with my calling as Ward Missionary and I am constantly taken by the Elders I get to serve with--full time and otherwise! I've actually made some girlfriends and a group of us (girls and guys) get together every weekend for game night. Game night is my weakness (I will go at the drop of a hat and rearrange my whole schedule around it) and as of VERY recently we've had several new additions--which is very exciting!

*Speaking of wards and game night. Just last weekend I was given the opportunity to speak in Stake Conference. I feel so lucky to have had that opportunity and I really appreciate the leaders for having such confidence in me:) I actually procrastinated writing my talk until the Saturday night before. I got home from apartment hunting with madre and I outlined my talk and then took off to game night until 1 a.m. :) So...I spent the very first hours of Sunday composing my talk. I got some good reviews so I'm assuming I did okay...my topic was "Optimism in Perilous Times" I'd like to share some awesome quotes I found to close this blog...LOVE YOU ALL!


"God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you not to simply face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities."--Elder Holland

"We must live as true followers of the Christ, with charity toward all, returning good for evil, teaching by example the ways of the Lord, and accomplishing the vast service He has outlined for us."--Elder Holland

"Are these perilous times? They are. But there is no need to fear. We can have peace in our hearts and peace in our homes. We can be an influence for good in this world, every one of us."--President Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments: