Monday, July 21, 2008

Summertime is Finally Here...

Here's a moderately small overview of the events of the summer thus far...it's been a good one...
~Summer of Hope~At the beginning of the summer I participated in the Summer of Hope walk. My good friends, They Lynchs, included me. It's a Christian organization that works to get orphans from the Philippines here for one month in the summer (July). They are hosted by a family and hopefully adopted by interested individuals. The walk helps raise money for the costs of getting the children here and helping care for them! Mom and Misty joined me and we ate at Applebees in large quantities afterwards:)
Here I am with Courtney and Connor. I may need to blog about this family at some point, they are just amazing...they're the children of the Lynch family! I love them mucho!




The Spill Canvas



One of my very favorite...albeit not very popular, bands! They came to town on June 28th and played at The Venue. I went with my friend Josh and then Jonnie and Jessica met us there. I look terrible because it was so hot inside...and Jonnie and Jessica had just come from her sister's wedding. We had such a good time. If you look at the bottom of this post you can watch/more so listen to my all time favorite Spill Canvas song: Lullaby. I'm posting the lyrics below this picture too...just in case!


It's the way that you blush when you're nervous.It's your ability to make me earn this.I know that you're tired, just let me sing you to sleep.It's about how you laugh out of pity,'Cause lets be honest I'm not really that funny.I know that you're shot, just let me sing you to sleep.
If you need anything, just the say the word.I mean anything.Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,and plant my lips where your necklaces close.

It's those pills that you don't need to take,medicating perfection, now that's a mistake.I know that you're spent, just let me sing you to sleep.It's your finger and how I'm wrapped around it.It's your grace and it keeps me grounded.I know that you're weak, just let me sing you to sleep.

If you need anything, just the say the word.I mean anything.Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,and plant my lips where your necklaces close.

While you were sleeping I figured out everything,I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.Now I feel your name, coursing through my veins.You shine so bright it's insane, you put the sun to shame.
(Oh)If you need anything, just the say the word.I mean anything. (I really do)Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,and plant my lips where your necklaces close.If you need anything, just the say the word.I mean anything.Rest assured, if you start to doze, then I'll tuck you in,and plant my lips where your necklaces close.



***Fourth of July***We had our Fourth of July BBQ and fireworks fun at Cara's. I sat outside with the boys where they specifically saved a spot for me:) They set it with utensils, water, and all!




Cara had the babies sporting red, white, and blue and I was rather fond of it. Here's Ava. She didn't want her rootbeer float but definitely went for the Otter Pop. She is her mother's daughter!





Here's me with my madre on the Fourth! We had a good time for the most part although I'm dying for some real "tradition" on this holiday. Perhaps camping with Misty, Ken, and the kids:) We ate, played in the pool (that is my tradition with the boys for 3 years now:) and watched fireworks over at Tammy's house.

Roaring Springs!!!!!!!!!!!




I thought it would be fun to take a day off work and take the boys to Roaring Springs. I invited Rachel to come along with us! She used to go to the Y (she was in my group every summer...from the summer before 3rd grade on!) She's amazing with kids, she's a LOT of fun, and I love her..so it made for a great day!


There wasn't a single ride the boys didn't go on! They even rode this one...if you don't know it's a rather scary ride. I was nervous. I followed them up (and Rachel and I rode it afterwards) but I was in tears I was so worried about them...but they're incredibly tough! I was very impressed and they LOVED it! They wanted to go again but I couldn't handle the stress again!

After a fun-filled WONDERFUL day. I felt so blessed and I missed them so much after they went home. I was lonesome for them...they are such special boys!



No comments: