Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Zach!

This guy is 29 today:


So...in complete Sharlee fashion, here are 29 things to love about Zach:

1.He can do the voices of a plethora of Disney characters and isn't the least bit shy about it

2.He will give me a back/shoulder rub ANYTIME I ask. Seriously. And he is GOOD. He's the only way I can get rid of headaches.

3.He is insanely intelligent

4.He is humble

5. He loves teaching primary

6.He volunteers in my classroom on his day off

7. He makes the BEST grilled cheese you've ever had--I promise

8.He is so good to our grandparents (his and mine)

9. He's laid back

10. He's more patient than any one person should be with me

11. He understands sports...he can hold a conversation about them like any respectable man...but I don't "lose" him to football season or anything of the like

12. I can wake him up at anytime of the night/morning and ask him to cuddle me and he will...in a cute way, too (might I add)

13. He never leaves my side of the bed...he always sleeps close by me

14. He laughs easily

15. He's a blast to watch a funny movie with

16. He cares (or at least pretends to) about Army Wives

17. He has the correct opinions on public education (as they are in alignment with mine)

18. He has a sense of direction that is out of this world--he's like a walking compass

19. He is good with our money...better than I am at least

20. He's INCREDIBLY handsome
21. It takes him at least an hour to do anything...he is a perfectionist (sometimes this is not so easy to love....like literally he takes forever to make TOAST for crying out loud)

22. He gets excited about very little things

(I think he will like my little birthday gifts: The Yoohoo and Dark Choc. Reeses Cups I packed in his lunch and the warm banana bread I send him off to work with. More than the big gifts: a plethora of random items).

23. He has a deep voice and it is rather sexy when he sings...(my personal favorites are when he sings Josh Turner "Long Black Train" or Disturbed "Down with the Sickness")

24. He loves to read

25. He loves history

26. He retains information--sucks it up like a sponge

27. He doesn't worry about things

28.He helps with the housework...without needing to be asked

29. As so many people have put it to me, "Everyone loves Zach!"


There really isn't anyone I know who doesn't love him. He is so easy to get along with and he has a grand assortment of likeable qualities.

So

Zach,

Happy Birthday!

I love you!
I am proud to call myself your wife.

I hope year 29 beats quite a few of the others! :)

Love,

Me

2 comments:

MumofElderLarson said...

OK THIS IS ALSO FOR ZACH AS I DONT HAVE MY OWN BLOG
BUT I WOULD LIKE HIM TO READ AS WELL

1. He loves Shars Family and treats us like his own

2. He as Shar stated is very good to my dad. He is like he has been his grandson his whole life

3. He IS very intelligent. Quite impressive the things he knows about computers, history, science, religion and Sharlee :)

4. He will do anything for you. anytime if you need him. anytime means 11.30 to fix my dad's tv.
an evening after work to mow my lawn. work forever to fix Shane's laptop

5. He laughs at Shane even when Sharlee thinks he is gross.

6. He gets excited about stupid things you do for him.. makes you want to do more things for him
7. He is very good at the things he does. He built an excellent fence for their back yard.
8. He brings Sharlee hot chocolate when he visits her at school.
9. He plays like a child with Cara's Kids. Goes to Roaring Springs with them Kids love him
10. He is not easily upset by messes in life. ie. Car problems house problems, problems with work issues
11. He is fun loving and likes to do new things.
12. He will watch movies with you that he probably doesn't like
13. He will stop by and watch Bachelor with Shar and I and he joins me in criticism at the expense of Shar's wrath upon both of us.
14. He loves his parents and his siblings
15. He honors his church callings
16. He will apologize and admit if he thinks he is wrong
17.He is Funny
18. He teases Todd.
19. He is a GOOD guy.
20. He loves to play Board Games and he is competitive as hell.
21. He loves to read National Geographic and Smithsonian. I only know 2 people like that.
22. He LOVES my Daughter
23. He is GOOD .. Good hearted Good tempered, Good spirited

24. He is working on improving his life every day. I am proud of him
and he is my son in law. If I were his parents I would want to hug myself for raising him :)
25. He will eat any food I make without EVER saying anything about it. This is a gift as every meal for 30 years I have had a comment on something about it every meal!
26. He likes to wear crummy shirts that Shar can't stand. I feel this is common ground for us.
27. He is kind to me and my family
and very kind to Sharlee. He prays with her, he is raising a puppy with her, building a life with her.

28. Our whole extended family like him, Grandparents Uncles, Aunts like Shar stated "Everyone Likes Zach". there are many reasons for that . it is a good gift to be a person like that.

29. I love him and wish him a happy birthday and the BEST YEAR ever.

The Nielsons said...

What a sweet wife you are. He sounds like a great guy. I bet he had a good birthday with you around:)