Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Beginning of Forever


Cheesey line? I know. I can't help it, I'm happy. On Friday, October 2nd, I had the opportunity to go through the temple for the first time. I will admit, I was a little more than overwhelmed with everything. Zach and my mom were very supportive. My friend Jen came to support me as well. In the end, it was the best experience! I love the temple! I've already been back once, and I have plans to go tomorrow and then again next week! It has made such a difference in my life and it has definitely enhanced my relationship with Zach along with (of course) my Heavenly Father. I only bring the Zach part up because I always wanted to go through when I turned 25 (two weeks ago) and I didn't want to go because I was getting married. I wanted to do it by myself. As I've thought about it, having Zach with me has been such a blessing and it's yet another bond we share. I feel so blessed to have the support of my family, Zach's family, and friends, as I went through. I cannot express how much I love it. I am so grateful to have a temple close by, so that I can experience it frequently and feel so incredibly at peace and uplifted. I love my Heavenly Father for providing a temple for us today! I'm just grateful and I needed to document it. It was a milestone in my life and I hope to remember the feeling always.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

The temple is a blessing, and it is something that will change your life forever. I'm so excited for the blessings you will recieve for living your life in such a righteous way. You are an amazing person with a great light and spirit. I'm so excited for your journey into eternity. May the lord bless you, and I'm so excited for you.

Mike and Alli said...

I am so happy for you Sharlee! Congratulations. Love you girl.