Friday, April 24, 2009

My Grandpa...

I've had the absolute priviledge of interviewing my grandpa every Friday night to get his life story. It has been so special and so enlightening. (My only regret is that I never did this with Grandma...either one of my grandma's. I would like to sit down and ask these questions to my Grandpa Gordon as well). I don't think that I would trade this experience for a simple set of questions and Grandpa's answers on a piece of paper. I've laughed at him and I've cried. Things he's told me about life as a little boy have made me ache. It's one of the most incredible things I've ever been a part of. Now to the point of this. I do just have to share this one little excerpt from our last meeting.
Me: If you could take an attribute you have and give it to everyone around you, what would it be?
Gramps: Forgiveness, I guess. I wasn't too good at that for a while. I'm a lot better at it now...

Being right all the time might be good. It wouldn't hurt anyone.

And that is one among BILLIONS of reasons he's mine, I claim him, and I LOVE him SOOO much!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You are so awesome, and have such a love for your grandparents. One of my g-pa's died before I was born, and the other one died when I was 8. I wish I had the opportunity to get to know them better. It's great that you have completed a life history. I love reading about my ancestors.